Friday, January 12, 2007

Yes, I'm still here...!

My apologies for this blog being so quiet. This past week has been quite a ride. My wife and I helped mother get a new dog, which caught her off-balance during a walk. Mom fell and hit her head on the pavement and got a real nice goose egg on her head and a black eye.

When a 14 month old, 15 pound peke-a-poo says you're going down, you're going down.

This past week has been a challenge for other reasons as well which I won't go into at this time.

And of course there is news with the new congress. "Hate Crimes" legislation (as if hatred of some sort isn't involved in all crimes), "Lobbying reform" which would silence anyone who reaches 500 people or more with nothing more than an appeal to "call your congressman" (including, of course, examptions for large coporations and labor unions), a possible revival of the "fairness doctrine" and an attempt to expand monetary support for embryonic stem cell research (aka "infanticide in the name of scientific research").

If you haven't heard this stuff being discussed, listen to VCY America. It's all there. Janet Folger's Faith2Action web site is also a good source.

And I've been battling a really bad cold now for the past few days, but am improving.

I've had a number of biblical topics wandering through my head over the past week, but alas never had the opportunity to write them down. But I'm sure they'll come back around. Basic topics such as the practicality of true saving faith. I need to get my old Handspring PDA working again (can't find my charger and data cable!). Then I'd be taking more notes!

Thanks for your ongoing prayers.

Oh, today on Crosstalk Vic discussed (in part) the ongoing trials of Chaplain Gordon Klingenschmitt, who has been dismissed from the Navy for praying in Jesus' name. What this means is that this hero of the faith is now put in a very difficult position having lost his pension and healthcare. During the program, I called in and asked if there was any mechanism to send Captain Klingenschmitt financial relief. Vic responded by saying that if you send a check for the chaplain to VCY America, they will forward it to him. Note, however, that there is no support for tax exemption for this. Here is the address Vic gave me over the air:

VCY America
3434 West Kilbourn Avenue
Milwaukee, WI 53208

The irony is that he won the battle to pray as he did, but was booted out as a retaliatory action afterwords.

As the Lord leads, pray about supporting this man of faith. He needs it!

More later. Again, thanks for your prayers and support.

No comments: